Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nancy's Blog Index

1. That's a lovely tribute page, Andrew. Thank you.

Andrew has created a blog post to honor the late, great Doris Day:

Nancy's Appreciation of Doris Day

Thank you, Andrew.

3. Andrew, thank you so much for the Doris Day page, it helps soothe my aching heart.

It's a beautiful tribute, Nancy. Thank you, too, Andrew.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
    Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. ~ Ellie Wiesel

“It’s thrilling to me,” Doris Day said to Nancy during their Sirius Radio interview of just a few years ago, “thrilling, when you say things like that (how much positive, life-long influence Doris had on Nancy) “I just get goosebumps!” said Doris.

Nancy had been recalling to Doris their only face-to-face meeting – "1954 when I was 14 – on the set at Warner Brothers" where Doris and her Dad were filming 'Young At Heart.'

"Boy, was I nervous! Doris was so beautiful and self-assured. Somehow, I mustered the courage to tell her something personal:

‘I just got my hair cut, and I had the stylist do it just like yours,’ I said tentatively.

“Doris immediately put me at ease, making me feel as though we were two old friends at one of my teenage pajama parties. She turned me around so that she could look at my hairdo carefully from all angles and said,

‘That’s so nice, honey!’

Then, she smiled and fluffed my hair, pointing to the sides.

‘But, it needs to be a little shorter right here,’ she explained.

Needless to say, I went right out and had it cut shorter!”

---

Thanks, Andrew for this beautiful work here – especially for that concluding quote from Nancy that prompted Doris's 'goosebumps.'

“When I was down and dreary and sad and feeling lousy, I would play your music and I would feel better . . . I watch Doris Day
    and I feel better . . . I’m just telling you the truth and how much you mean to me.”

Andrew pays homage to the final Rolling Thunder ride in his latest blog post:

Rolling Thunder's Final Ride

Thank you, Andrew!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Andrew pays homage to the final Rolling Thunder ride in his latest blog post:

Rolling Thunder's Final Ride

Thank you, Andrew!
    Yes, thank you, Andrew. Perfect choice of photos and music... sound ON.
    Pack a small bag....

8. Lovely page, Andrew. Thank you.

In his latest blog post on Nancy's site, Andrew goes into detail about the conceptualization and making of Nancy's Discography pages.

Introducing Nancy's Album Discography

Thank you, Andrew!

10. Beautiful! A thousand thanks, Andrew and Robert.