Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nancy's Blog Index

Andrew, you are a researcher extraordinaire! I'm learning so much from your blog posts.
    I’d rather regret the things I did than the things I did not do. ~ Francis Albert Sinatra

Thank you, Andrew! I look forward to reading this week.

In his latest blog post, Andrew commemorates the 10th anniversary of Nancy's receipt of the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Annual Salute to Veterans Breakfast.

The Salute to Veterans Breakfast, 2008

Thank you, Andrew!

Thanks you Nancy for the clear love and dedication you have for the vets and for America. Just like your parents!

Speaking of Nancy's love and dedication to vets, check out Andrew's latest blog post on Nancy's website:

Corporal Cliff Treese and the Battle of Khe Sanh

Thanks for putting it together, Andrew!

Andrew has posted an interesting history of Billy and Nancy's version of "Bang Bang" on Nancy's blog.

Zayn Samples Nancy & Billy's "Bang Bang"

Thank you, Andrew!

7. Thanks, Robert.

Nancy I'm sitting at the computer with a mentally-handicapped friend of mine, Michael O'Connor who is a big fan of yours. Every Sunday when I take him to Mass and then to MacDonald's for lunch, and then to our home for several hours, Michael always asks, "So how is Nancy." Michael who is ten years younger than me (I'm 71) just said "I hope Nancy has a good Christmas. And Tina too." He is sad that Frank Jr. is no longer with us. So, as our family gathers for a Christmas meal (catered by our best hotel where the Queen and Tony Bennett stay!) with five of our eight grand children present, just wanted to add my best Christmas wishes to Michael's. Michael is aware that you're the reason we have this website and we are so glad you are you.

p.s. Michael just reminded me, as he often does "I have Nancy's Christmas album too."

9. Hi Michael
    Thanks, Mark.

Michael says "Thanks Nancy!" [and] "You are pretty as always." [and] "Thanks for looking after the family. You do it so well."

Andrew has done it again, giving us a glimpse into Nancy's past with his latest blog post:

"Please be there!": The Powerful "99 Miles From L.A."

Thanks so much, Andrew!

Andrew has published another interesting story about Nancy's career on her blog. Thanks, Andrew.

“Aquí en la playa”: California Girl-Hollywood Beach Beauty

13. What a fun page! Thanks so much.

This is only slightly related to Andrew's fantastic blog post, but, as I was reading about one of my favorite Nancy songs, Cuando Calienta El Sol, I thought of a song my aunts used to sing when I was very young. I thought it was called Love Me With All of Your Heart but I wasn't sure.
    In one of those weird, brain jolting moments, I just heard that very song, by The Ray Charles Singers, on Siriusly Sinatra! It uses the same melody as Cuando Calienta El Sol with different, English lyrics.
    Not only do I love the music (obviously), listening to my favorite station teaches me so much about The Great American Songbook.
    I’d rather regret the things I did than the things I did not do. ~ Francis Albert Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    I thought it was called Love Me With All of Your Heart but I wasn't sure. In one of those weird, brain jolting moments, I just heard that very song, by The Ray Charles Singers, on Siriusly Sinatra! It uses the same melody as Cuando Calienta El Sol with different, English lyrics.
    As Nancy notes, the English version doesn't compare with the original Spanish lyrics which are much more expressive.

This is an excerpt from the Cash Box article to which I refer in the blog post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Box: July 11, 1964
    Here is a little story about the song "Cuando Calienta El Sol (Love Me With All Your Heart)" and its composers and performers: this song was written by Mario, Carlos and Pedro Rigual, who are better known as Los Hermanos Rigual. This song has almost 500 different versions and till now they have sold more than 800,000 records in countries like the United States, Italy, France, Germany, Argentina, Spain, Mexico, etc. ... Among the American versions are recordings by Ray Charles [Singers], Billy Vaughn, Benny Carter, Steve Allen and others. ...
    Since that time, there have been innumerable renditions by artists such as Vikki Carr, Jim Nabors and Johnny Rodriguez (Spanish versions) to Petula Clark, Engelbert Humperdinck and Agnetha Fältskog (English versions), to name just a few.
    Last edited by AndrewT; 02-14-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    Andrew

Andrew captures the special friendship between Nancy and Hal Blaine in his latest blog post:

Hal Blaine

Thank you, Andrew!

17. The page is lonely, waiting for some love.