Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Christmas Release

1. Thanks, feeling Christmassy already 🤔
    Zac

"Everything in life is lyrical in it's ideal essence, tragic in it's fate, and comic in it's existence."

We've received a package photo from the upcoming Ultimate Christmas release as well as confirmation of two of the tracks: “Mistletoe & Holly" and “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    I'm going to assume this album contains both Capitol and Reprise (and perhaps Columbia?) tracks ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    ... confirmation of two of the tracks: “Mistletoe & Holly" and “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”.
    "Mistletoe and Holly" is probably the 1957 Capitol track. (There was also a TV version.) "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" could be from any of the three labels (1947, 1957, or 1963), but I'm guessing it's the 1963 Reprise version. These were the first two tracks on the Icon: Frank Sinatra Christmas CD a few years ago.

Bob.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    Amazon US: —> 2-LP edition
    Now listed at Amazon.com. Sign up for pre-order availability alert.

Bob.

5. Track Listing

Digital editions with track listings (and UK pages) are now shown by Amazon. (Links posted above.)

Amazon.com —> Ultimate Christmas: Frank Sinatra: MP3 Downloads

1. White Christmas
    2. The Christmas Waltz
    3. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
    4. Jingle Bells
    5. The First Noel
    6. Mistletoe And Holly
    7. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
    8. I'll Be Home For Christmas (If Only In My Dreams)
    9. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
    10. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
    11. An Old Fashioned Christmas [feat. Fred Waring and His Pennsylvanians]
    12. I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day [feat. Fred Waring and His Pennsylvanians]
    13. The Little Drummer Boy [feat. Fred Waring and His Pennsylvanians]
    14. Whatever Happened To Christmas? [feat. The Jimmy Joyce Singers And Orchestra]
    15. The Twelve Days Of Christmas [feat. Frank Sinatra Junior & Nancy Sinatra & Christina Sinatra & The Jimmy Joyce Singers And Orchestra]
    16. The Bells Of Christmas (Greensleeves) [feat. Frank Sinatra Junior & Nancy Sinatra & Christina Sinatra & The Jimmy Joyce Singers And Orchestra]
    17. I Wouldn't Trade Christmas [feat. Frank Sinatra Junior & Nancy Sinatra & Christina Sinatra & The Jimmy Joyce Singers And Orchestra]
    18. A Baby Just Like You
    19. Christmas Memories
    20. Silent Night

These appear to be presented chronologically from 1954 to 1991, including Capitol (1–8), TV (9), Reprise (10–19), and private studio (20) tracks.

Bob.
    Last edited by Bob in Boston; 09-14-2017 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Noted UK links; added gold-border image.

6. Continued in Frank Sinatra Recordings: —> ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS (UMe) 2017

Bob.

Any way to buy the limited white via other page than sinatra.com? Thanks
    "They all said we never could be happy, they laughed at us and how!
    But ho, ho, ho! Who's got the last laugh now?"

Have they used the family songs on other compilations? It's nice to see them listed.

Isn't Tina usually listed as Tina? Not Christina on the "Family Album"
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".