Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New AJ Website and Album

I hope you and other SFF members get to go to this one Bob, maybe a nice little get together at the same time.
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

2. “I Summon You” by AJ Lambert

—> AJ Lambert [Sinatra's granddaughter] covers Spoon; headlines Rough Trade NYC on May 25

Quote Originally Posted by JazzCorner.com News: May 16, 2018
    Today AJ Lambert, granddaughter of Frank Sinatra and daughter of Nancy Sinatra, streams "I Summon You" (Spoon cover) from her forthcoming album, Careful You, out later this year. AJ Lambert's style and interpretations of both standards and contemporary music alike is truly her own, as displayed on this modern classic. Britt Daniel of Spoon: "If you're gonna cover someone else's song, you'd better be prepared to add something to it that wasn't there before, and it's equally important to find a way to bring your own personality to the performance. Otherwise what's the point - in today's world, the original version is always readily accessible via the chips embedded into the backs of our skulls. Fortunately, AJ's managed to do both with her reworking of "I Summon You." It's a trip to hear my song done this way. Thanks, AJ." Last month, she debuted a new video for "You and Your Sister" directed by Boshra AlSaadi (TEEN, Janka Nabay).

Both tracks come from her forthcoming release, Careful You. Careful You is an album of unique, poignant interpretations of songs by artists including Spoon, TV on the Radio and John Cale, as well as some of her grandfather's deep cuts such as "Sleep Warm" and "I'll Be Seeing You." The album, recorded with a full band and produced by Daniel Schlett (The War on Drugs, Amen Dunes) and Boshra AlSaadi (TEEN, Janka Nabay), is due out later this year. She'll perform selections from Careful You at an exclusive album preview show at Rough Trade NYC on May 25. AJ will tour in support of Careful You throughout 2018.

AJ has worked as a film music supervisor and bassist in various bands (including Here We Go Magic and a reunion of seminal punk icons The Homosexuals). As a solo vocalist, her revolving tour of small clubs in New York (Feinstein's 54 Below), Los Angeles (Gardenia), Palm Springs (Purple Room), and Las Vegas showcases her work in a more intimate setting. She is currently performing complete Sinatra albums live, such as In The Wee Small Hours, with John Boswell on piano. AJ also hosts "Third Generation" on Sirius XM's "Siriusly Sinatra" channel and regularly performs at private and charity events.

Source: YouTube

Bob.

3. Any reports from last night?

Bob.

4. If you are speaking about Third Generation it was a wonderful show. AJ played a number of pairs. Songs by her grandfather and someone else. If you missed the show I urge you to listen to the repeat on Wednesday night. 10:00 PM -12:00AM (eastern) on Sirius 71
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

5. No, Carole, I was asking about AJ’s album preview show in Brooklyn last night (the subject of previous posts in this thread). I feel bad, because I’m in NYC this weekend visiting my daughter, but I got in too late last night to have made the show. I wonder if any SFF members were there?

Bob.

6. Chuck was there and sent this.

I’m so glad I was able to make it. AJ put on a very dreamy show which felt so authentic. Her blending of many genres in one song was so original and magical to see. I really thought her show fit in absolutely perfectly with Brooklyn. I could also totally see her doing this show in Silver Lake, CA and many other areas. I wish her greatly deserved success on this album and all to come. I’m sorry to have missed you Bob! I hope you all can see her show soon.

8. Today on Facebook …

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Lambert
    Have a couple of things to share today -
    First is the video I directed for "Careful You", which is off the album of the same name, coming out next month.

Source: YouTube

Published on Dec 4, 2018
    "Careful You" by AJ Lambert
    Written by TV On The Radio
    From the forthcoming album "Careful You", available January 21
    via Alpha Pup
    Director: AJ Lambert
    Prod.: Flim Flam

And …

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Lambert
    I'll be playing a show with the band from the album at Zebulon here in LA next Saturday the 15th...9pm...free!!

ZEBULON.TICKETFLY.COM

AN EVENING WITH AJ LAMBERT
    SAT · DECEMBER 15, 2018
    Doors: 7:30 pm / Show: 8:30 pm

Bob.

Posted by AJ today on Facebook:

Quote Originally Posted by AJ on Facebook
    Very excited to be coming back to London in a few weeks. There's lots happening in the short time we'll be there - full band shows in support of the release of "Careful You" LP on 1/21!

We'll be at Moth Club on 1/24, and we have an in-store appearance and signing at Rough Trade East on 1/25. Hope to see you at one or both!
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Also announced on Twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Trade
    JUST ANNOUNCED! AJ Lambert, granddaughter of Frank Sinatra and daughter of @NancySinatra, is following in their musical footsteps, releasing her debut album 'Careful You' this month. Catch her live in-store at Rough Trade East:
    https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/events...ast-aj-lambert
    @ALPHAPUP

Andrew

10. “Careful You” will be released on January 21.

—> Preorder links for the digital version

Bob.

The LP edition of Careful You, catalog no. AL01974, is now available for pre-order at Rough Trade. AJ will be performing and autographing copies of the album at their East London store on January 25th.

Last edited by AndrewT; 01-16-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    Andrew

12. AJ looks so different now because she has cut off all of her hair, she has a kind of buzz. Wish I has a picture to share. Maybe I'll be able to snap one this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    AJ looks so different now because she has cut off all of her hair, she has a kind of buzz. Wish I had a picture to share. Maybe I'll be able to snap one this weekend.
    AJ posted this photo on Instagram a few days ago.

Last edited by AndrewT; 01-16-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    Andrew

14. Waking up to each new day usually starts with the Guardian website, and I was pleased to spot this article this morning in advance of AJ's London date.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...oes-it-her-way

AJ looks and sings Beautiful. I told Frank Jr. Once that if Your dad is God...then you're Jesus. What's so terrible about being Jesus. The point is that Frank Jr...was followed as a groupie by me ...because He sang great songs Greatly! I first went to see him because of who his dad was...the second and every time after that...I went to see him because of who he was. Same will be of AJ...they will go see her because of who her Mom and Grandpa are...but they will keep coming back to see her!
    Last edited by Bret; 01-18-2019 at 01:39 AM.

Thanks Ace Nancy I will Always Love You ...Thanks for being here for us!!

Thank you for the link Andrew. I just ordered my copy.
    Mike

Press On....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    “Careful You” will be released on January 21.

—> Preorder links for the digital version

Bob.
    The digital edition of Careful You has been added at U.S. and U.K. Amazon.

So far, it seems that the vinyl edition, to be released on January 25th, is listed only at Rough Trade.
    Last edited by AndrewT; 01-20-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    Andrew

19. Album is now available for free streaming:

—> Careful You by AJ Lambert - YouTube
    —> Careful You by AJ Lambert on Spotify

Bob.
    Last edited by Bob in Boston; 01-21-2019 at 04:03 AM. Reason: YouTube playlist link.

20. —> AJ Lambert Releases New Album 'Careful You'

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayWorld.com: January 21, 2019
    Today AJ Lambert, granddaughter of Frank Sinatra and daughter of Nancy Sinatra, releases her first full length solo album, ‘Careful You’. ‘Careful You’ is an album of unique, poignant interpretations of songs by artists including Spoon, TV on the Radio and John Cale, as well as some of her grandfather's deep cuts such as "Sleep Warm" and "I'll Be Seeing You." The album was recorded with a full band and produced by Daniel Schlett (The War on Drugs, Amen Dunes) and Boshra AlSaadi (TEEN, Janka Nabay). AJ will tour in support of the release, with a full band featuring musicians from the album, such as drummer Parker Kindred (who also plays with Joan As Policewoman) and bassist Josh Werner (who recently collaborated on a release with Bill Laswell).

[More…]
    Bob.