Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AJ to open residency in Las Vegas

1. AJ to open residency in Las Vegas

—> Sinatra’s granddaughter AJ Lambert opens residency at the Space - Las Vegas Sun Newspaper

AJ Lambert performs the first of a series of shows at the Space on January 12.
    (Photo: Wade Vandervort)

Bob.

Thanks, Bob. I hope everybody takes the time to read the article. It's excellent.
    Pack a small bag....

3. You're welcome, Cole. I didn't want to post the entire article/interview without permission. Also, there are additional photo shoot pics of AJ at the —> photographer’s name link. (I’m not sure they chose the best of the bunch on the article page, as shown above.)

If Nancy says it’s okay, I’ll repost everything here…

Bob.

I hate to be the buzzkill, but once again a Sinatra is the victim of either a lousy photographer or photography editor. In my view, of course.
    Robert

Notwithstanding, I hope to be able to catch this show next time in New York. Is there a way to be aware of this in time to get a good table?
    Robert

6. Quote Originally Posted by rdschonfeld View Post
    I hope to be able to catch this show next time in New York. Is there a way to be aware of this in time to get a good table?
    Stay tuned to the Tour section and/or Sinatra Concept page at ajlambert.info.

Bob.

Seeing AJ sing live is on my bucket list

Very exciting news! I hope to see her show on one of my trips to visit family in Las Vegas.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
    Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. ~ Eilie Wiesel

One flaw in article: Nancy still is Singer! I'm excited about AJ in Vegas! It's awesome to have the great family tradition continued!!

Another good article on AJ in Las Vegas is here.
    Pack a small bag....

11. Wish my health was good enough to travel to Vegas (or anywhere).
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

12. —> AJ Lambert stays true to grandfather Frank Sinatra’s legacy | Best Of Las Vegas

Her last name is Lambert, but her legacy is pure Sinatra. So, why doesn’t Frank’s granddaughter bill herself with that infamous last name? To borrow one of her grandfather’s famous lyrics, she wants to do it her way.

“It’s not my name,” singer AJ Lambert said. “My last name is Lambert. I’m sure there are people who would go with the Sinatra name. It just never occurred to me.”

The daughter of singer and actress Nancy Sinatra and dancer and choreographer Hugh Lambert has a new monthly residency at The Space in Las Vegas, where she sings songs from Frank’s ninth studio album, 1955’s “In the Wee Small Hours” rotated with 1958’s “Only the Lonely.” Her next show is Feb. 9.

[Interview follows…]
    Bob.

Great interview filled with insights about her Grandpa. Thanks, Bob.

14. It's always about her grandfather and not enough about her. I had the same problem.

Any chance of an England visit? Few venues RAH, FH, Ronnie Scots.
    Frank Forever

If she has the stuff, she will succeed on her own, as you did and as your brother did. But, greatness casts a very long shadow.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    It's always about her grandfather and not enough about her. I had the same problem.
    That’s a tough one and, I do understand, Nancy. From the perspective of the journalist, though, it would be a less than complete story without asking about her grandpa - especially when she’s singing the songs he made famous. The more people who see her performances, the more she will be recognized in her own right.
    Very few people can possibly fully understand what it’s like to try to have a singing career in the shadow of the greatest singer, and one of the most famous people, of the 20th century. Maybe you, Frankie, and AJ are the only ones who share that. It takes a certain courage, drive, and love of the music to even try. It takes special talent to succeed as you three have.

"All The Vegas" Podcast: AJ Lambert

AJ posted a link to her interesting "All The Vegas" podcast interview.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ on Facebook
    Very excited to have been the first guest on my friend Brock Radke's brand new podcast, "All The Vegas", along with my other friend Mark Shunock! It's a fun show where Brock interviews Vegas denizens (which I'm lucky to count myself among, at least for this year's run at Mark's club The Space!) about their stuff as well as what they love about Sin City.

Here it is:
    http://allthevegas.libsyn.com/all-the-vegas-aj-lambert
    Andrew

19. Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    Any chance of an England visit? Few venues RAH, FH, Ronnie Scots.
    That would be so great!
    "It's nice to go trav'ling..."

20. I spotted an error in paragraph #7 which begins with "Your mother was a singer too" in the fifth line.
    It reads "They have the same last time" which should read "They have the same last name".

The article is well composed, but one can never be too careful, proofreaders included.
    ......pick yourself up...... ......dust yourself off...... ......start all over again...... (my e-mail)