Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: COMING SOON!

1. Looks like Variety got the exclusive:

—> Frank Sinatra’s ‘Only the Lonely’ Finds Company With Deluxe Reissue

The article states release day is October 9, but that is not a Friday, so I have to wonder if it’s correct. I expect the press release will be posted (and a new SFF thread started) here tonight or tomorrow.

Bob.

[Added:] Confirmed by article’s author: It was a typo and has been fixed. Release date is Friday, October 19.
    Last edited by Bob in Boston; 09-06-2018 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Date fixed.

2. Wow! 'Angel Eyes' sounds incredible! Thanks for sharing the scoop, Bob.

I saw the following entry on Amazon U.S. for the CD and vinyl:

https://www.amazon.com/Sings-Only-Lonely-Anniversary-Stereo/dp/B07GRRCRRB/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

Not sure if it's legitimate, though it does say Oct. 19 (friday) for release date...
    Kate

"Frank is just like you. Just like me. Only bigger."

3. See this post, Kate: —> Amazon Links

Bob.

I can’t see anything on that link you posted Bob, to where you can hear the song.
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

5. Retry, Tina. It’s there, and it’s been reported elsewhere that it can be heard in the UK and France, at least. If you can’t get it to work, I’m sure it will be posted here once the Variety exclusive expires.

Bob.

6. Last edited by Bob in Boston; 09-06-2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Added News Page link.

7. Thanks Bob. Just pre-ordered. I will not be lonely in mid-October.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

8. It’s been reported (—> elsewhere) that a 55th anniversary LP reissue of It Might As Well Be Swing is in the FSE pipeline. If true, this will be the first new Frank Sinatra release of 2019.

Bob.

Frank & Bill...Jerseyites Forever!

Great news, Robert! "...Swing" is one of my very favorites. When the volume is turned w-a-a-y up, there have been very few musical 'sounds' in history that could "compete" with The Basie Aggregation! And adding Frank, ' The Greatest Boy Singer Ever,' was the proverbial icing on the cake! Truly a remarkable album!
    Stanley