Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: STANDING ROOM ONLY 2018 

HALLELUJAH! While doing my walk around the block, I spotted Mr. UPS (Dave) getting into his truck. He stopped at the corner for another delivery, and I "pounced!" "You better have my "Standing Room Only 2018" package in that truck or I'm removing the air from all of your tires," I "threatened!" It helps that Dave has a great sense of humor! "It's finally here, Stosh, you don't have to threaten me anymore, thank G-d!" I've played it thru twice, and, since Eunice hosts mah jongg tomorrow, the girls will have to "twist my arm" to get me to play it for them! Somehow, I'll give in!
    Stanley

2. The Dallas concert (disc #3) contains When Joanna Loved Me. I had never heard Frank sing this song before. Probably will become one of my favorites.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

Eunice..."Mah Jongg"...It's a wonderful world!
    F.X.
    When You're Smilin!

F.X.--You ARE a character...a very nice one! Have you eaten at Victor's? We had a fabulous experience -- great food & opera-singing waiters and waitresses -- a few weeks ago! Take care & be well!
    Stanley

Frank's Dallas performance of the great Bernstein-Comden-Green song , "Lonely Town" is extraordinary! His "character" may not have sung it in the show, but there should have been a way for MGM to have Frank sing it in the film..it wouldn't have detracted one iota from Gene's "starring" role -- if Frank could have "I Fall In Love Too Easily" in "Anchors Aweigh," he could easily have, and deserved to have "Lonely Town" for "On The Town!" The "big ballad" for the great singer! MGM really missed the boat on this one!
    Stanley

I have Stanley......your posts always are genuine as is your love for your wife.....so glad everything is going well for you!
    F.X.
    When You're Smilin!

Thanks, F.X. You've made my day! Keep "Smilin!
    Stanley

“The Tea Break” monologue on “The Sands” recording tickles me every time I hear it, I’m sure I was laughing out loud at the gym yesterday whilst I was listening to the album through my blue tooth ear buds.
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post

FRANK SINATRA - ‘STANDING ROOM ONLY’
    TO BE RELEASED WORLDWIDE ON MAY 4

Deluxe 3CD and Digital Collection Presents
    Rare/Unreleased Complete Concerts from Three Decades

Box Set on Amazon
    Digital Collection on Amazon
    Box Set on Amazon UK
    Digital Collection on Amazon UK
    Digital Collection on iTunes

Los Angeles – March 16, 2018 – In an unparalleled entertainment career spanning seven decades, Frank Sinatra became a timeless, indelible cultural icon for the world. His live performances are legendary, imbued with an innate warmth and ease unmatched by any other performer, then or now. A stellar new collection, Frank Sinatra - Standing Room Only, presents three captivating rare and previously unreleased Sinatra concerts from the 1960s, ‘70s and ‘80s. Available now for preorder in deluxe 3CD and digital formats, Standing Room Only will be released worldwide on May 4 by Capitol/UMe and Frank Sinatra Enterprises.

Starting today, "Fly Me To The Moon," recorded live at The Sands, Las Vegas in 1966, is available for streaming and for immediate download with digital preorder. Preorder Frank Sinatra – Standing Room Only: https://UMe.lnk.to/SinatraSRO

“I get an audience involved, personally involved, in a song, because I’m involved myself.
    It’s not something I do deliberately. I can’t help myself.”
    – Frank Sinatra

Sinatra’s acclaimed concerts always sold out, leaving many fans clamoring to try to score a spot to stand behind the seats or along a wall with a rare and coveted “standing room only” ticket to the big show. Being in the room for Sinatra’s performances of “Come Fly With Me,” “My Way,” “You Make Me Feel So Young,” “The Lady Is A Tramp,” “The Theme From ‘New York, New York’,” and so many more of his iconic songs was a thrilling experience for anyone who had the opportunity.

Standing Room Only presents three remarkable complete concerts from three decades of Sinatra’s career: his January 28, 1966 second show with Count Basie at The Sands, Las Vegas (previously unreleased on CD); his October 7, 1974 concert at Philadelphia’s Spectrum arena (previously unreleased); and his October 24, 1987 concert at Dallas’ Reunion Arena (previously unreleased in its entirety). The collection’s audio is newly remixed by Larry Walsh at NBCUniversal Audio and mastered by Seth Foster at Universal Mastering Studios. The deluxe 3CD package includes a 30-page booklet with liner notes plus several rare and never-before-published photos.

FRANK SINATRA - STANDING ROOM ONLY [3CD; Digital]

CD 1: The Sands, Las Vegas - January 28, 1966 (2nd show)
    1. Come Fly With Me
    2. I've Got A Crush On You
    3. I've Got You Under My Skin
    4. The September Of My Years
    5. Street Of Dreams
    6. Angel Eyes
    7. Fly Me To The Moon
    8. “The Tea Break” (Monologue)
    9. You Make Me Feel So Young
    10. The Shadow Of Your Smile
    11. Luck Be A Lady
    12. It Was A Very Good Year
    13. Where Or When
    14. My Kind Of Town
    15. A Few Last Words (Monologue)
    16. My Kind Of Town (Reprise)

CD 2: The Spectrum, Philadelphia - October 7, 1974
    1. Overture
    2. The Lady Is A Tramp
    3. I Get A Kick Out Of You
    4. Let Me Try Again
    5. My Kind Of Town
    6. Welcome
    7. Ol’ Man River
    8. Monologue
    9. I Get Along Without You Very Well
    10. I’ve Got You Under My Skin
    11. “The Tea Break” (Monologue)
    12. Send In The Clowns
    13. If
    14. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
    15. What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?
    16. My Way
    17. Bows: My Way

CD 3: Reunion Arena, Dallas - October 24, 1987
    1. Overture / Introduction
    2. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
    3. What Now My Love
    4. My Heart Stood Still
    5. Moonlight In Vermont
    6. Summer Wind
    7. You Will Be My Music
    8. More Than You Know
    9. Mack The Knife
    10. Monologue
    11. What's New?
    12. Bewitched
    13. Angel Eyes
    14. If
    15. When Joanna Loved Me
    16. For Once In My Life
    17. Lonely Town
    18. Theme From "New York, New York"
    19. Bows: Theme From "New York, New York"
    20. Where Or When
    21. My Way
    22. Maybe This Time
    23. The Lady Is A Tramp
    24. Bows: You Are There
    The Philadelphia Spectrum CD remains in my work bag every day, which means I am playing it a couple of times each week.

I just noted (from Facebook) that yesterday was the 44th anniversary of that concert.

I love the Intro/Overture (and I usually don't like Intros) but THIS is lovely!!! Incredible version of "Lady Is A Tramp" and also, finally, I completely "get" and love this performance of "Ol' Man River". Tears every time!