Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: STANDING ROOM ONLY 2018 

1. Amazon global pre-orders

It’s hard to make sense of Amazon product listings worldwide. At the time of this post, depending on country, the Deluxe 3CD Box Set may be: (1) currently unavailable; (2) linked to the wrong MP3 digital album (or no digital album); (3) linked to a nonsense vinyl item; and/or (4) listed under the wrong title and artist. Click on the following country links to compare websites (or view all the mistakes):

Box Set: United States, Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, India, Japan

In contrast, the Digital Collection does appear to have been been listed properly in those countries which offer MP3 downloads or streaming:

Digital: United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan

Bob.
    Last edited by Bob in Boston; 03-23-2018 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Added Mexico and India.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Starting today, fans who preorder Standing Room Only will receive immediate download access for “Fly Me To The Moon,” recorded live at The Sands, Las Vegas in 1966.
    Forget my earlier post about this. I realize it probably applies only to pre-orders for the digital collection, NOT the box set. The wording is misleading.

However, I wonder why Amazon pre-orders for the box set don’t automatically also include the MP3 download, as with other new CD purchases? Or has Amazon discontinued that?

Bob.
    Last edited by Bob in Boston; 04-05-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    Forget my earlier post about this. I realize it probably applies only to pre-orders for the digital collection, NOT the box set. The wording is misleading.

However, I wonder why Amazon pre-orders for the box set don’t automatically also nclude the MP3 download, as with other new CD purchases? Or has Amazon discontinued that?

Bob.
    I pre-ordered the digital collection on iTunes on Friday and was able to download the song... what a great version by the way.
    "How long I been on ...?"

However, I wonder why Amazon pre-orders for the box set don’t automatically also nclude the MP3 download, as with other new CD purchases? Or has Amazon discontinued that?

Bob.
    For some reason Bob I accidentally purchased the download instead of the hard copy when I placed my order, I noticed immediately and cancelled BUT I did get the download of “Fly Me To The Moon” and was charged 99p. Try it that may be the way
    Last edited by Tina...; 03-19-2018 at 09:20 AM.
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tina... View Post
    For some reason Bob I accidentally purchased the download instead of the hard copy when I placed my order, I noticed immediately and cancelled BUT I did get the download of “Fly Me To The Moon” and was charged 99p. Try it that may be the way
    That’s the way it’s supposed to work, Tina. Anyone can purchase just the one file today without pre-ordering. Download that file, and you have to pay for it (pre-order or not). It’s not free, even if you cancel the complete album pre-order.

The press release wording is confusing, but I understand now that it simply meant to say that “Fly Me to the Moon” is available immediately for digital download. The rest won’t be released until May 4.

Bob.

Sorry crossed wires Bob.

7. It’s my wires that were crossed. I somehow took the press release to imply that we could pre-order the CD box set and get the download (of at least that one file) for free. Apparently not.

Bob.

Excited to hear this. It's been far too long since I listened to a full concert.
    - Michael Rose

To tag onto my previous struggles with Amazon order, they credited the error digital download, and then the extra order for the one song/mp3. After they "fixed the site, I ordered the CD package, and no sign of the free song download in my confirmations of open orders, at all [Per Bob's note]. No matter to me since I have that all on MP3 already.
    Michael

It’s my wires that were crossed. I somehow took the press release to imply that we could pre-order the CD box set and get the download (of at least that one file) for free. Apparently not.

Bob.
    Has the price of the download been deducted off the cost of the box set?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Tina... View Post
    Has the price of the download been deducted off the cost of the box set?
    No. You don’t get the download with the box set. For the digital purchase, you pay up front for the download, and then they subtract that from the balance due on release day. Amazon spells it out very clearly:

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon UK
    Pre-order Album £14.99.
    Today you will pay: £0.99 for one available song.
    The remaining balance of £14.00 will be charged as music from this album becomes available. VAT included if applicable. Final track listing and other album details may change.
    (In the US, substitute {$26.49, $1.29, $25.20} for {£14.99, £0.99, £14.00}.)

Bob.

12. It looks like Amazon has corrected most of the glaring mistakes I reported earlier (except the title “TBC” in Spain and Japan). The box set is still not yet available to order in several countries, including the UK.

Bob.

BOB! I’m confused LOL! I haven’t bought the download album, I’ve bought the box set. I just wondered if the download of “Fly Me To The Moon” comes off the cost of the hard copy.

As the box set is not available there’s no way of me checking. I won’t say anymore I’ll confuse everyone else LOL!

14. Tina, the box set is available for pre-order in the US, and there is NO reduction in price for having bought the download file or album separately.

Bob.

Robert -- indeed, you are the bearer of Great News! Eunice and I, plus my Mom, Myra, & David (Brother-In-Law) attended the Spectrum concert, which Eunice "recorded" (please don't tell anyone!). Now, we'll have the "real thing!" How very, very nice!
    Stanley

16. Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    It looks like Amazon has corrected most of the glaring mistakes I reported earlier (except the title “TBC” in Spain and Japan).
    I spoke too soon. They fixed it, then broke it again on several websites.

Bob.

17. After several years of only peeking in from time to time, I thought this was a happy occasion to post once more! Hello, everyone! I was browsing Amazon a few minutes ago for Sinatra-related things, saw this box set, and wondered if I was seeing things. Upon visiting the forum, I was greeted with the happy, happy news of a new Sinatra box set! Needless to say, I've pre-ordered it, and am counting it as my graduation gift to myself - with graduation day being May 5th! :-)

It's so good to see familiar "faces" still posting here! I still have the lovely card sent by Nancy when I won the VHS of L.A. Is My Lady, proudly displayed on my bookshelf, alongside my Sinatra books. A lot has changed since I stopped posting, and I look forward to catching up with all of you in the coming weeks. Cheers!
    Kate

"Frank is just like you. Just like me. Only bigger."

18. welcome back.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

19. The box set is now available for pre-order at Amazon UK, and with a release date of April 13—three weeks before the advertised US date! (How is that possible?)

(They are also showing a link to a vinyl release for an unrelated album, while missing the link to the MP3 album. )

Bob.

I got an update email from Amazon today with an estimated arrival date of April 18th / 19th (CD box set)
    let the music play as long as there's a song to sing