Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George H. W. Bush

George H. W. Bush

So sad to hear former president George Herbert Walker Bush has passed away at the age of 94.
    WWII veteran, athlete, congressman, ambassador, director, Vice President, 41st President - he led a full and productive life, yet, I will also remember him as a kind, decent, funny, compassionate man who felt his greatest achievement was his family.
    May he Rest In Peace.
    Id rather regret the things I did than the things I did not do. ~ Francis Albert Sinatra

A true family man who had such great values. One of the greatest generation has now joined Barbara in heaven. Godspeed Mr. President.

Sicilian pride forever

One of the last who was willing to work with the opposition. Wildcat oil man, athlete, scholar, warrior, leader. All done well. His kind are sorely missed. Rest in peace, Mr. President.
    Out of the tree of life, I just picked me a plum

58 combat missions driving slow torpedo bombers. Distinguished Flying Cross and three Air Medals.

IMO, everything he did after that is gravy.
    Greg
    "There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." - Alexander Woollcott

5. REST IN PEACE, Mr. Bush.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

6. I loved him.

He was a good man, our loss. He will be with Barbara now.
    The things that we love tell us who we are. Thomas Aquinas

The last true "Republican" President....and I am a Democrat. More than that the "love story" of he and Barbara is what life is all about.
    F.X.
    When You're Smilin!

Rest in peace Sir.
    Mike

Press On....

10. Very sad news, but I'm thankful he lived a long, happy, rewarding life. That's more than many can say. And now he and Mrs. Bush are together again May they both rest in peace.
    Kate

"Frank is just like you. Just like me. Only bigger."

Air Force One at Ellington Field, just now, getting ready to transport President Bush to Washington.

e

"The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." -- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I loved him.
    Who couldn't love a man like him

Source: YouTube

"The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." -- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

He always put his country above self. He knew that raising taxes might very well cost him a second term but did it for the good of the country.

14. Too bad about the Clarence Thomas decision.

Right on Nancy!
    F.X.
    When You're Smilin!

16. I am a Democrat, I have always been a Democrat and I will always be a Democrat. However, every time I pull into a handicapped parking space, every time I walk down a handicapped ramp (or up), every time I take advantage of handicapped seating, etc. I have to say THANK YOU PRESIDENT BUSH
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

Wonderful post Carole!
    F.X.
    When You're Smilin!

18. I'll never forget sitting in the audience at the Frank, Liza & Sammy Ultimate Event concert at Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, LA, USA on the evening of January 18, 1989, and FAS told the audience how thrilled he was that George Bush had been elected President. He told us that he would perform at his Inaugural Gala the very next night! The following evening, I watched with my family as FAS performed a stirring rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone. My Dad also met Mr. S. during both Republican conventions when Bush was running and we saw Dad endorse President Bush twice on behalf of the Police Association of New Orleans. These are wonderful memories and he was truly an American hero to be admired!

Ron

Former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney said it perfectly in his eulogy to President Bush, "every single head of government in the world knew that they were dealing with a gentleman, a genuine leader, one who was distinguished, resolute, and brave".
    A leopard can't change his spots but, someone else who was in attendance should try to adopt at least one of those qualities.
    Id rather regret the things I did than the things I did not do. ~ Francis Albert Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    I am a Democrat, I have always been a Democrat and I will always be a Democrat. However, every time I pull into a handicapped parking space, every time I walk down a handicapped ramp (or up), every time I take advantage of handicapped seating, etc. I have to say THANK YOU PRESIDENT BUSH
    You are right, Carole. Unfortunately, the ADA is low hanging fruit for venal politics.
    Robert