Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apollo 17 

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    What are these socalled "radio bursts" that have occurred of late?
    Bevy of Mysterious Radio Bursts Finds Second Repeating Source

It's a new and exciting discovery that astronomers are still trying to understand.

"The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." -- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHOU View Post
    Yes, in a weird way. NASA is our subcontractor for the Starliner. They in turn hire other subcontractors, some of which work with me. So, during the shutdown NASA and their subcontractors are not allowed to work but I'm still hard at work!
    I just found out that the Commercial Space program is deemed critical so that part of NASA is allowed to work. I suppose that is because our contract for rides on the Soyuz via Russia ends in September and they want to use US vehicles by then.

"The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." -- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

This article seems to contradict 45 who say most federal employees are okay with not getting paid until he gets his money for the wall. The author is a NASA flight director for the commercial crew program:

I’m a federal employee. Stop holding me hostage!