Thread: Record Store Day 2019 ?

1. Record Store Day 2019 ?

It’s that time of year again. Record Store Day 2019 will be on April 13th. The official list of releases is not yet available, but the rumor mill has it there will be a Frank Sinatra LP titled I Won’t Dance.

Any official comment? ?

Bob.

2. Not authorized by FSE.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Not authorized by FSE.
    Thanks, Nancy. Apparently, that listing came from a French source, so it appears the RSD stores in France, at least, will be selling “grey-market” EU stuff. Looking forward to some non-fake news of authorized releases in 2019…

Bob.

I'm always happy to find any old Sinatra LPs. While I have pretty much all FS recordings available on CD, I do like buying the occasional LP even if I already have it on CD.
    Peter

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Not authorized by FSE.
    The Record Store Day list is now available in France. This looks like a cheesy LP+CD “Best Of” combo with a cheesy cover on the “Rat Pack Records” label. Not worth a second look or listen.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    The Record Store Day list is now available in France. This looks like a cheesy LP+CD “Best Of” combo with a cheesy cover on the “Rat Pack Records” label. Not worth a second look or listen.

Bob.

TBH I'm almost glad it's degenerated to that sort of nonsense. The one occasion I made an attempt to queue for a "limited" edition Sinatra (Songs for Young Lovers 10 inch) it was available on ebay sealed for less than £5 more than the cover price by the time I'd got halfway down the queue. Literally thousands were queuing at the stores I went to for other titles.

Personally I think we should stop playing this corporate BS game altogether. Inventing scarcity like this does is a pure marketing ploy to gouge wallets and being first in a queue to buy artificially rare items does not make you a superfan. (As many of you know here I've bought some interestingly rare items but as a long time appreciator of the greatest music the world has ever produced not as bragging points)
    Last edited by Nick_Bradley78; 02-28-2019 at 03:50 PM.

It is a big unfortunate to see again a new bootleg album to be released.

I am always hoping at each RSD for some new FS stuff to be released, that wasn't released before - some brand new stuff, on vinyl. I can imagine for example live shows like the one at Meadows or from Australia to be released on vinyl for the first time, or something brand new, never released officially.

I hope in the near future there is some brand new treat for us, fans, on vinyl
    "They all said we never could be happy, they laughed at us and how!
    But ho, ho, ho! Who's got the last laugh now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    Thanks, Nancy. Apparently, that listing came from a French source, so it appears the RSD stores in France, at least, will be selling “grey-market” EU stuff. Looking forward to some non-fake news of authorized releases in 2019…

Bob.
    While the so-called Grey Market is looked down upon in America (and for legitimate reasons that I accept), it is worth remembering that they are also responsible for releasing on CD literally hundreds of albums and concerts by recording artists (mostly jazz and classical) that would otherwise never have again see the light of day due to the original label either going out of business and in copyright-limbo or the original label simply not being interested in re-releasing the material. The endless array of Sinatra and Elvis albums on the less-salubrious labels often gives the others a bad rep that they do not deserve.