Thread: musical statues and plates

collector Guest

Cool musical statues and plates

i have sinatra musical plates/statues. the plates play ny.ny and the other one plays my way. i think they are from the hamilton mint. the statues play the christmas waltz, i got the world on a string, and i can't remember now. the third one.. one of the statues is really well made, again i think it's from the hamilton mint,or something like that... does any member want them ( free ,of course), e-mail me, but please don't accept them if you intend on selling them... you could give them as a gift..that's ok,,, i must secure them ,so they don't break during shipping. i don't have any of the original packing boxes, vinny

2. Dont know

I think statues are tastefull.

But plates, playing music?

I find them tacky.

Frank himself said, i believe, that he didnt wish to end up on a coffee mug.

Adam
    Adam
    Be Aware & Don't Despair

collector Guest

well made

i personally can't stand all this plate/statue/picture stuff. these were gifts given to me by girlfriends/friends wives/family. i'm totally not into any of this.. some of them are well made and the musical tone is very good. i think the plates could have been from when sinatra was alive and approved by his family. the picture of a early forties frank in a frame is at least 30 years old, when i receive it.. i want to get rid of this merchandise. i became a miminalist , after my home was robbed....i'm only interested in the songs... vinny

4. Yes

One does tend to get clogged up in buying anything and everything Sinatra.

But i think a tasteful figurine is quite a good addition to a Sinatra fans drawing room.

But singing plates?

I just dont get it.

Adam
    Adam
    Be Aware & Don't Despair

pal joey Guest
    The family members no doubt have their reasons for licensing items like these, but I find things like musical plates to be simply tacky. I can't imagine Mr. Sinatra, a paragon of taste, feeling differently.

PJ

collector Guest

yes

i agree , one figurine is good. my aunt has a 18 " sinatra that is unbeleivable from the suit to the orange pocket square, to the coins in his pockets, coat over the shouder and tilted hat. it is a gem... i was bombarded with e-mails... i think that i will send out just one item( the one that could break the least),,, i know who it will go to... if you don't get an e-mail from me ,then you are not getting the item...p.s. it is a lady who gets it,,, caio vinny

collector Guest

also agree

paljoey, i also agree.. somehow ,many women love to collect plates... elvis plates/gone with the wind, historical plates,( they are well made), i 'm not sure if it's hamilton,rockwell or smithsonian plates.. i guess that's why when they are issued, they sell pretty well... but i hate them( dust collectors and they take up space), but to each his own,,,vinny

collector Guest

Cool frisbee contest

hey adam, pj.. what about an international frisbee contest( with plates), or a target practice ( adam ,we could use our holland & holland shotguns), ( just trying to keep it quite british and proper in a sporting way), vinny

Frank

I like plates and statues of Frank!
    I have a stautue of Frank it plays LUCK BE A LADY! I have never seen a Frank Sinatra plate however!
    Ciao,
    Melissa

Sinatra plates are nice but also dangerous. A former girlfriend just broke one over my head. Her idea of dinner was not a frank and orange drink at Nedicks.

collector Guest

Smile why not

where is the sinatra school of the arts, please reply with the address and who, i should note attention to, vinny p.s. my girlfriend hates this type of music, she likes christian music and hot club dance music ( strange mix) i just want to get rid of this stuff...there is no romantic ritual, thanks