Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: SWING EASY/SONGS FOR YOUNG LOVERS (Capitol) 1954 Riddle

Hey I got one too...Didn't we do well I'm going to download the voucher in a bit.

"I Could Have Danced All Night...".

Silly question but I already have this album on my Apple devices from my CD, will the sound quality from this voucher be any different?

I'm not into all this "sound" stuff so I thought I'd ask.

THe queue in Shoreditch was half a mile long so I've outsourced my queuing to someone else to pick this up. Good effort Tina to get it first.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tina... View Post
    I'm going to download the voucher in a bit.
    No download vouchers in the US. Closeups of the stickers on the outer shrink wrap, front and back:

Bob in Boston

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tina... View Post
    Silly question but I already have this album on my Apple devices from my CD, will the sound quality from this voucher be any different?

I'm not into all this "sound" stuff so I thought I'd ask.
    I am into all this "sound" stuff, and I could answer, but that wouldn't prove anything to you. Why don't you listen carefully and let us know what you think, Tina?

Bob in Boston

OK Bob, but you don't have the download voucher.

Your photo of the sticker on the outer package is the same but I have "Includes a voucher to download the album" The barcode on the back is the same but no sticker stating where it's made.

ADDED: In the small print says "Made in Holland"
    Last edited by Tina...; 04-18-2015 at 07:42 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tina... View Post
    OK Bob, but you don't have the download voucher.
    Which is another reason why I can't answer definitively. What are the mechanics of the download procedure? Is there a special website and a code in the package?

Bob in Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    Which is another reason why I can't answer definitively. What are the mechanics of the download procedure? Is there a special website and a code in the package?

Bob in Boston
    Yes there is a special website where you have to enter a code.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Bradley78 View Post
    THe queue in Shoreditch was half a mile long so I've outsourced my queuing to someone else to pick this up. Good effort Tina to get it first.
    You mean you have staff? LOL! Well I see Larry B managed to get it too.

Well yes but not for record buying lol, generous friend who wanted some of his own stuff too. The Queues in town were insane.

11. uDiscover > ReDiscover 'Songs For Young Lovers'

Bob in Boston

This was my first time experiencing Record Store Day. I got to one of the stores in Asheville, NC 30 minutes early and there was a line literally 100 yards long around the building. When the doors opened it was a mob. The Fire Marshall would have had a field day. Needless to say I didn't find the album. I went to three other stores that opened an hour later and none of them had the album. I ended up having to buy two copies on eBay. I will be better prepared next year. I was amazed to see all the 20 something's buying vinyl and I heard one actually ask for the Sinatra album!

On our jaunt into NYC yesterday, Sid Mark played many of Frank's April recordings, highlighted by this fabulous album. Since there's no Hartford-Springfield station that carries the program, we have to drive into NY, or to the Connecticut shoreline (Norwich, New London, Old Saybrook, New Haven), where we can pick up either WHLI or WLNG, two Long Island stations!
    Stanley

14. Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Exclusively for this year’s Record Store Day,... The limited edition vinyl [...] will only be available to buy from high street record stores from Saturday April 18th 2015.
    So much for the Record Store Day "exclusive." Copies of the 10″ Songs for Young Lovers LP are now available from numerous third-party sellers on Amazon, some for nearly HALF the original price. (Anyone besides me feel ripped off?)

US —> amazon.com/dp/B00SRZ0IL6
    UK —> amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SRZ0IL6

Bob in Boston

Yup Bob. First and last time I take part in that commercial hoopla. My outlay - 60, available on amazon for 26 for 2 of them...

Learning a lot this year about being skanked by the music industry and they wonder why they got in a mess. Plus doenst this silly day tie up the pressing plants for proper releases for months causing the sort of backlog and delays we experience all the time? Still, lesson learnt for future "record store days" - stay at home days from me.

Just picked my copy up off of Amazon for $20 which includes shipping! Should be here tomorrow? Thanks for the tip Bob!
    F.X.
    When You're Smilin!

Thanks for rubbing it in Francis lol

No Nick....it is the "Bob"...who is to blame...Thanks for the tip Bob! Hey is it spring yet in Massachusetts?
    F.X.
    When You're Smilin!

19. I try to provide current and useful information, even when I dislike it. Glad you found it helpful, F.X.

Bob in Boston

Just finished listening through these today, I loved the arrangements on both and was taken aback by just how easy and smooth Sinatra sounded on these records! His voice truly was at its best during his Capitol days, especially the very early records such as these