Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: PAL JOEY - 1957 

I know most of us have seen this movie many times and possible own it on DVD, but it's always nice to watch it on TV, one of...if not my most favourite Sinatra films.

We can catch here in the UK this coming Saturday afternoon on BBC2 1.30pm.
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

I keep it on my iPad and watch just any old part of it. Never tires.
    Bill
    I'ts VERY easy being green...coz I am

...and I just watched it again all the way through. 59 years old but fresh as a daisy. Didn't Rita Hayworth really give him a big slap? If you freeze it you can see him wince...ouch!
    Last edited by erniegy; 06-12-2016 at 03:08 PM.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by erniegy View Post
    69 years old but fresh as a daisy.
    Um, I believe it's only 59...
    I can't believe what you say because I see what you do. ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Um, I believe it's only 59...
    Thank you, the 6 is next to the 5 and the pudgy little fingers hit the iPad!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by NickfromPhilly View Post
    Of all of Sinatra's various readings of "Tramp," I love when the lyric changes to: "She's all alone, when she lowers her lamp," that's why.........Somehow, I get the idea that it's exactly how "Joey Evans" would interpret the situation with regard to Vera!
    I'm not sure but I think today was the first time I've heard that lyric change, it's on the recent "Live At Carnegie Hall" DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina... View Post
    I'm not sure but I think today was the first time I've heard that lyric change, it's on the recent "Live At Carnegie Hall" DVD.
    Just talking to myself as per LOL! BUT I heard it on the "Caesar Palace" DVD too. Also "the lady is a champ" reference which has been mentioned before in threads...

"I'm alone when I lower my lamp..." is part of Larry Hart's original lyric from the "Babes in Arms" score. That '37 R & H show had a "pretty good" score..."Where or When," "I Wish I Were in Love Again," "My Funny Valentine," "Johnny One-Note," and "The Lady Is a Tramp"! All from this one musical! PRETTY AMAZING!
    Stanley