Director of Photography: William H. Daniels

Cast
    Frank Sinatra: Dave Hirsh
    Dean Martin: Bama Dillert
    Shirley MacLaine: Ginny Moorhead
    Martha Hyer: Gwen French
    Arthur Kennedy: Frank Hirsh
    Betty Lou Keim: Dawn Hirsh

(Notes transcribed from Nancy Sinatra's "Frank Sinatra: An American Legend")

Thumbs up # 3 pick for movies

mmm, "some came running" rounds out my top three sinatra movies. great to see sinatra and martin doing some serious acting, shirley mac laine was the susprise hit in the movie and the movie had a 1st rate director in vincente minnelli. thanks, joe...

Terrific movie. Frank, Dean and Shirley were absolutely top notch.
    George B.

The acting is excellent.........

But the screenplay doesn't do the book any justice.
    Rick
    The enemy of truth is distortion.

Thumbs up movie poster

i'm slowly moving into sinatra movie posters. just picked one-up on "some came running", the scene is sinatra getting ready to deck the movie's bad guy steve peck in a salon with shirley maclaine looking on. there's something priceless about these old posters that once were found in movie lobbies a long time ago, or is it another side of being a sinatra addict, it dosen't matter. joe...

It's Both

Joe,

It's both. It's great movies with beautiful posters & love for Frank.

Thumbs up Some Came Running 1958

I picked up a movie poster for this flick too, at at antique convention in Baltimore. Frank is standing up and under the title of the Movie are pictures of Dean, Shirley, Martha Hyer, and George Kennedy. It came all framed and everything, says orginal movie poster from Look Magazine. Paid $10.00 for it, hanging on my Sinatra wall.
    Charlie

I liked the movie, at the end is the funeral for Shirley McLeans character. Did Dave Hirsh end up with Gwen?

Some came running 1958

I watched this movie last night . I love it! Shirley maclaine put in such a good performance it makes me cry every time. I heard Frank loved it too and would screen it fo rall his friends.

Ciao,
    Melissa

bumping up for Melissa

Melissa, just bumped up the thread already existing here for this movie. You can always use the search engine to find them, there is a thread for each movie. I think this would help to avoid duplicating topics.

Bernhard.

Cool some came running

excellent movie, and yes a good book too. i also aggree with previous posts about shirly mclaine being great. as were both frank and dean. one aspect i noticed was the obvious affection frank and dean had for each other, possiblly the first buddy movie.

vinny b.

Thumbs up Some Came Running 1958

Okay someone answer my question? I read the book along time ago and can't remember.

Did Dave Hirsh (Frank) end up with Gwen (Martha Hyer) after
    Shirley Mclaines character was killed?

I surmise that he did, how does everyone else feel?

Charlie

I'D EVEN DRIVE THE CHRYSLER LEAVE THE ROLLS FOR YOU, IF THAT ISN'T LOVE, IT WILL HAVE TO DO. UNTIL THE REAL THING COMES ALONG.

Some Went Flying(Home)

"No, no, no, - let's move the ferris wheel!"

Randy

Some Came Bumping

for a very under-rated film outing for all three principals. Great orchestral score too.
    sooner or later we all make the little flowers grow

Thumbs up So right Marty..

I known Shirley MacLaine was given her due with her excellent supporting role but the Academy Awards people must have had blinder's on not to recognize the award winning performance's by Sinatra and Martin...So sad.
    Elmer Bernstein wrote the terrific score for the film.
    Joe V.

At least it got two Oscar nominations - aside from MacLaine, also Martha Hyers was nominated (for best supporting actress).

Anyway, one of Frank's best films.

I highly recommend the chapter devoted to this film in Daniel O'Brien's "Frank Sinatra Film Guide", pp. 109-116.

Bernhard.

Question Some Came Running

I think this is one of Frank's greatest performances as an actor. It's just sad that it's not available in the DVD format. If anyone knows if and when it will be available in DVD please let me know. Thank you.

One of his greatest movies

SOME CAME RUNNING - 1958

I think is one of the best Sinatra's movies.
    I saw it many times and Frank, Shirley and Dean are very well.

LOURDIE
    Frank Sinatra: You will be my music.

Have to agree. Fabulous movie and wonderful performances throughout from FS and Dean and Shirley MacLaine. This is intelligent stuff and the script is good and so is the look and metre of the movie. I would like to see this on Dvd with some extras.
    Jeffrey