Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CONTRACT ON CHERRY STREET - 1977 (TV Movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Anniversary bump.
    I happened to watch that just last Saturday. I forgot what a compelling film that is. Mr. S looks so good in it, too!

Paperback cover

From my collection

I'd like to see this movie on DVD. I have it on VHS somewhere but I not seen it for a very long time.
    Jeffrey

Its a great film -Frank did a very good job. I love it - an I had my worst espresso ever in this café ....
    Best regards from Vienna/Austria - and don't forget: It's Franks world ...

Another anniversary bump: November 19th, 1977

Anniversary bump: June 21st, 1977

7. I've not seen it yet...guess that's one of the few Frank's movie I've not seen, along with the Magnum's episode and Johnny Concho !
    "It's nice to go trav'ling..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Huh?
    (Today in FS History )

Broadcast Anniversary: November 19, 1977

Contract On Cherry Street has been released through Columbia Classics By Request:

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevide...c=043396355446 price is $19.95

It is also currently available to order through Deep Discount DVD:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cf...-dbb312735c36/

Cost is $17.86 and shipping is free.

Thier web-site states: This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. These discs are expected to play back in DVD video Play Only devices and may not play back in other DVD devices, including Recorders and PC drives

Just a heads up in case anybody is interesed
    Greg in Sin City

11. Quote Originally Posted by gbb1288 View Post
    This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media.
    Available from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, and now (as of March 4, 2011) from Amazon.com, in DVD-R format.

(The Deep Discount price with free shipping is especially attractive currently, though.*)

*Added: Due to the low price, the free shipping offer at Deep Discount does not apply unless another item is included in your order. However, the shipping charge is only 99 cents, and this DVD-R by itself will cost you just $12.95 shipped, currently—far less than the other online sites.

12. I just added Cherry Street to my wish list on Amazon. I can't believe I haven't seen this in about 25 years. It has two of my actors, Frank and Martin Balsam.

13. Will have to add it too...I haven't seen it yet!
    "It's nice to go trav'ling..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    I just added Cherry Street to my wish list on Amazon. I can't believe I haven't seen this in about 25 years.
    I bought the DVD on Amazon last year. I hadn't seen it since it originally aired in 1977 (can it really be 35 years ago?) and, I had forgotten how good it really is. Terrific acting from the entire cast, especially Frank, Martin Balsam and, a very young Michael Nouri.
    I’d rather regret the things I did than the things I did not do. ~ Francis Albert Sinatra

Bought this DVD. Great to finally see this movie.

Cool movie - amazing cars!

Looks like Jilly Rizzo at the 50min mark sitting at the table in the bar. A little later he leaves complaining about eating too much pizza before Frank guns him down!
    'Empty is a string of dirty days
    Held together by some rain.
    And the cold winds drumming at the trees again.'

16. —> Verna Bloom, ‘Animal House’ & ‘High Plains Drifter’ Star, Dies at 80

Quote Originally Posted by Movieweb.com
    Verna Bloom's favorite role happened one year before ‘Animal House’ in 1977 when she accomplished a lifelong goal to star alongside Frank Sinatra. The duo starred in the made-for-TV movie ‘Contract on Cherry Street.’
    Bob.