Final Entries Of The Frank Sinatra Collection

THE FINAL ENTRIES OF

THE FRANK SINATRA COLLECTION

TO BE RELEASED ON DVD - SEPTEMBER 8, 2017

~THE ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL (1962) & LIVE AT CARNEGIE HALL~

~LIVE FROM CAESARS PALACE & THE FIRST 40 YEARS~

~PORTRAIT OF AN ALBUM & SINATRA SINGS~

New York, NY—On September 8 2017, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release the final three titles in The Frank Sinatra Collection on DVD and digital formats. On license from Frank Sinatra Enterprises (FSE), the definitive collection pulls together some of the finest performances on television, in the recording studio and in concert from the greatest entertainer of the 20th century.

The Royal Festival Hall (1962) & Live At Carnegie Hall, Live From Caesars Palace & The First 40 Years and Portrait Of An Album & Sinatra Sings [MSRP $9.98 each] offer between them an incredible record of an unsurpassable talent and career.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk

The Royal Festival Hall (1962) & Live At Carnegie Hall combines full length Sinatra shows from two of the world’s most celebrated concert halls. Filmed on June 1, 1962, this Royal Festival Hall show was a concert performed before royalty in London as part of a worldwide tour that Frank Sinatra undertook to raise money for children’s charities. Sinatra is accompanied by the Bill Miller Sextet in performances of songs including “At Long Last Love”, “I’ve Got You Under My Skin”, “I Get A Kick Out Of You”, “Ol’ Man River”, “I Could Have Danced All Night”, and many more.

Live At Carnegie Hall was filmed in June 1980, at New York City’s famous Carnegie Hall; this show captures Frank Sinatra performing with a full orchestra. The concert was shortly after the release of his landmark Trilogy album and showcases a number of songs from that album including “Summer Me, Winter Me,” “Street Of Dreams,” “You And Me,” “The Song Is You,” and “Theme From New York, New York” alongside Sinatra classics such as “The Lady Is A Tramp,” “Come Fly With Me,” and “I’ve Got You Under My Skin.”

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk

Live From Caesars Palace & The First 40 Years combines two great Frank Sinatra events from Caesars Palace, Las Vegas in the late seventies. Live From Caesars Palace was filmed in May 1978. Frank Sinatra was always at home in Las Vegas and this is a wonderfully relaxed and entertaining performance. Highlights include “All Of Me,” “Someone To Watch Over Me,” “Something,” and “Send In The Clowns,” sparkling renditions of “Baubles, Bangles And Beads” and “My Kind Of Town” along with other Sinatra standards.

Filmed in December 1979, The First 40 Years is an all-star gala tribute to the “Chairman Of The Board” celebrating forty years in show business. Among those saluting Sinatra are Sammy Davis Jr, Cary Grant, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Gene Kelly, Harry James, Jimmy Van Heusen and Sammy Cahn. The evening comes to the perfect conclusion with Frank himself taking to the stage to perform classics including “Theme From New York, New York,” “I’ve Got The World On A String,” and “It Was A Very Good Year.”

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk

The final release of the The Frank Sinatra Collection is the fantastic Portrait Of An Album & Sinatra Sings, which combines the film Portrait Of An Album from the early eighties with the compilation program Sinatra Sings. Filmed in 1984, Portrait Of An Album follows Frank Sinatra as he records his album L.A. Is My Lady with producer Quincy Jones, who also conducts the sessions. There are full performances, caught live in the studio, along with interviews from Quincy Jones, Lionel Hampton, lyricists Alan and Marilyn Bergman and engineer Phil Ramone. Also captured is Michael Jackson’s visit to the studio to meet Frank Sinatra, a truly magical moment.

Narrated by Tina Sinatra, the Sinatra Sings TV compilation brings together memorable moments from Frank Sinatra’s career on television, in the studio and in concert through the fifties, sixties, seventies and eighties. Many of his best loved songs are featured including “Fly Me To The Moon,” “Witchcraft,” “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” “My Way,” “Strangers In The Night,” “That’s Life,” “The Lady Is A Tramp,” and many more.

The Frank Sinatra Collection is packed with incredible renditions of the songs he made famous and features many recognizable faces along the way, offering fascinating background material that charts Sinatra’s story.

FULL TRACKLISTING INFORMATION

‘The Royal Festival Hall (1962)’ & ‘Live At Carnegie Hall’

THE ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL (1962)
1) Goody Goody 2) Imagination 3) At Long Last Love 4) Moonlight In Vermont 5) Without A Song 6) Day In, Day Out 7) The Moon Was Yellow 8) I’ve Got You Under My Skin 9) I Get A Kick Out Of You 10) The Second Time Around 11) Too Marvelous For Words 12) My Funny Valentine 13) In The Still Of The Night 14) My Blue Heaven 15) April In Paris 16) You’re Nobody Till Somebody Loves You 17) They Can’t Take That Away From Me 18) All The Way 19) Chicago (That Toddling Town) 20) Night And Day 21) Autumn Leaves 22) I Could Have Danced All Night 23) One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) 24) A Foggy Day 25) The Lady Is A Tramp 26) Ol’ Man River 27) You Make Me Feel So Young 28) Nancy (With The Laughing Face) 29) Come Fly With Me

LIVE AT CARNEGIE HALL
1) I’ve Got The World On A String 2) The Best Is Yet To Come 3) The Lady Is A Tramp 4) When Your Lover Has Gone 5) This Is All I Ask 6) I’ve Got You Under My Skin 7) Summer Me, Winter Me 8) Street Of Dreams 9) Medley: The Gal That Got Away / It Never Entered My Mind 10) I Can’t Get Started 11) Send In The Clowns 12) Come Fly With Me 13) Guess I’ll Hang My Tears Out To Dry 14) You And Me 15) The Song Is You 16) Theme From New York, New York

‘Live From Caesar’s Palace’ & ‘The First 40 Years’

LIVE FROM CAESARS PALACE
1) Welcome To Caesars 2) All Of Me 3) Maybe This Time 4) The Lady Is A Tramp 5) Didn’t We 6) Someone To Watch Over Me 7) Something 8) Baubles, Bangles And Beads 9) Medley: The Gal That Got Away / It Never Entered My Mind 10) Monologue 11) My Kind Of Town 12) Send In The Clowns 13) Don’t Worry ‘Bout Me 14) Introductions 15) My Way 16) America The Beautiful

THE FIRST 40 YEARS
1) Ciribiribin (Harry James) 2) The Two O’Clock Jump (Harry James) 3) Holiday For String (Robert Merrill) 4) New York, New York (On The Town) (Tony Bennett) 5) My Kind Of Town (Tony Bennett) 6) I Left My Heart In San Francisco (Tony Bennett) 7) The Lady Is A Tramp (Sammy Davis Jr) 8) My Way (Paul Anka) 9) Theme From New York, New York (Frank Sinatra) 10) It Was A Very Good Year (Frank Sinatra) 11) The Best Is Yet To Come (Frank Sinatra) 12) I’ve Got You Under My Skin (Frank Sinatra) 13) I’ve Got The World On A String (Frank Sinatra) 14) Happy Birthday (Everyone)

‘Portrait Of An Album’ & ‘Sinatra Sings’

PORTRAIT OF AN ALBUM
1) The Best Of Everything 2) (It Will Have To Do) Until The Real Thing Comes 3) It’s All Right With Me 4) How Do You Keep The Music Playing 5) A Hundred Years From Today 6) After You’ve Gone 7) Teach Me Tonight 8) If I Should Lose You 9) Stormy Weather 10) Mack The Knife 11) L.A. Is My Lady

SINATRA SINGS
1) I’ve Got The World On A String 2) That’s Life 3) Moonlight In Vermont 4) It Was A Very Good Year 5) Witchcraft 6) My Kind Of Town 7) Get Me To The Church On Time 8) Medley: It Was A Very Good Year / Young At Heart 9) Fly Me To The Moon 10) Night And Day 11) All The Way 12) You Make Me Feel So Young 13) I’ve Got You Under My Skin 14) The Lady Is A Tramp 15) My Way 16) Strangers In The Night 17) Theme From New York, New York

Bonus Track: I Get A Kick Out Of You

Posted by: Nancy | Jul 12, 2017 3:20 AM | plus-minusComments(1)

Enter comment for 'Final Entries Of The Frank Sinatra Collection'

You must be logged in to the Sinatra Family Forum to post a comment.

Responses to 'Final Entries Of The Frank Sinatra Collection'

S V PELUZIO JR says:
Jul 12, 2017 10:10 PM
Wonderful news !!

Frank Sinatra: Baby Blue Eyes… May The First Voice You Hear Be Mine

FRANK SINATRA ‘BABY BLUE EYES… MAY THE FIRST VOICE YOU HEAR BE MINE’

TINA SINATRA CURATES A LULLABY FOR CHILDREN AND PARENTS ALIKE

20-SONG COLLECTION AVAILABLE GLOBALLY MAY 12

Download from Amazon.com

Download from Amazon UK

Download from iTunes

Los Angeles – May 11, 2017 – Frank Sinatra always saluted his audience with a toast: “May You Live To Be A Hundred And The Last Voice You Hear Be Mine.” Envisioned as a child’s first musical library to be shared with the generations before, Tina Sinatra has curated a special compilation of Sinatra recordings for children and parents alike. On May 12, Universal Music Group will release Frank Sinatra: Baby Blue Eyes… May The First Voice You Hear Be Mine.

After combing the songs from Sinatra’s Reprise, Capitol and Sony catalogs, Tina carefully chose 20 songs for ‘Baby Blue Eyes’ that express a father’s love, compassion and dreams for children around the world. Featuring a baby photo of Sinatra on its cover, the collection will be available for download purchase or streaming across all major digital music providers worldwide, and at Sinatra.com’s Sinatra 100 shop.

“Dad is perhaps best remembered as a saloon singer. He often referred to himself as such,” says Tina Sinatra. “But, first, he was a Father and that emotional connection to the child in all us is ever-present in this collection of songs that I have chosen as a concert to each new generation.”

Frank Sinatra: Baby Blue Eyes… May The First Voice You Hear Be Mine [digital album]
1. Yes Sir, That’s My Baby
14. Bein’ Green
15. Hush-A-Bye-Island
16. Fairy Tale
17. Young At Heart
18. Dream
19. Put Your Dreams Away
20. Cradle Song (Brahms Lullaby)

Posted by: Nancy | May 10, 2017 1:33 PM | plus-minusComments(2)

Enter comment for 'Frank Sinatra: Baby Blue Eyes… May The First Voice You Hear Be Mine'

You must be logged in to the Sinatra Family Forum to post a comment.

Responses to 'Frank Sinatra: Baby Blue Eyes… May The First Voice You Hear Be Mine'

jimsully says:
May 10, 2017 6:46 PM
yes what a great idea- i would have included Noah, What does god look like to me and to love a child ,swinging on a star but regardless what a great idea Perfect collection - love the title a great play on sinatra[s may the last voice you hear be mine- and hey maybe pass me bye- with lines like- I got me ten fine toes that wiggle in the sand"

S V PELUZIO JR says:
May 10, 2017 9:52 PM
Beautiful album !!

Revisiting a Masterpiece: 'Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim'

April 7, 2017 by Nate Chinen
Source: WBGO.org
Photos: Frank Sinatra Enterprises

Frank Sinatra was well into his Rat Pack era, the reigning American embodiment of masculine suavity and aplomb, when he teamed up with a maestro of Brazilian music to make one of the most exquisitely tender albums of his career. That album, Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim, has lost none of its luster since it was first released 50 years ago. In fact, a newly remastered anniversary edition extracts additional depth from Claus Ogerman’s orchestrations, which frame Sinatra’s voice like a Rolex on a velvet cushion.

The album, recorded in Hollywood in the winter of 1967, captures both Sinatra and Jobim at an apex, flush with creative and popular success. Sinatra was coming off a knockout run of albums on his Reprise label — including Sinatra at the Sands, with the Count Basie Orchestra; That’s Life, a Top 10; and Strangers in the Night, whose title track became an unstoppable hit.

Jobim, a pianist and guitarist as well as a composer, was the beating heart at the center of a worldwide bossa nova craze, following the success of Getz/Gilberto. A joint effort of the American tenor saxophonist Stan Getz and the Brazilian guitarist and singer João Gilberto, that album also served as a showcase for Jobim’s songs, including “The Girl From Ipanema,” a runaway smash.

The 50th anniversary edition of Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim has just been released in various formats, including two vinyl packages. And along with the music from the original album, it includes two previously unreleased tracks: A live medley from a television special, and part of a session reel for “The Girl From Ipanema,” which Sinatra and Jobim sing as a duet.

“Don’t let it run away, fellas, with the tempo,” Sinatra cautions at the top of the first take. “Just hold it down, let it settle down. Because it’s got a lot of — it’s got a gang of words.” After the take is finished, he calls for another one, “right away.” His decisive brusqueness strikes a jarring contrast to the singing, which is as delectably airy as a soufflé.

Source: Spotify

The commercial relevancy of bossa nova is one way to explain Sinatra’s keen interest in Jobim: He was aware of his tenuous position within a cultural moment increasingly defined by The Beatles. But his treatment of this music belies any charge of opportunism. While bossa nova presented a new angle for him as a singer — “I haven’t sung so soft since I had the laryngitis,” he quipped during the sessions — he clearly regarded the style as something more than a novelty.

“No other American pop star would so thoroughly immerse himself in the world of bossa,” writes Will Friedwald in his fine critical biography Sinatra! The Song is You: A Singer’s Art. “He not only recorded two whole albums’ worth of the stuff but sacrificed his signature stylistics in order to more smoothly fit into the new vernacular.”

Consider the sensitivity of Sinatra’s phrasing on “Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars,” a version of Jobim’s “Corcovado” with English lyrics by the critic Gene Lees.

The balance of voice and orchestration is so impeccably calibrated that it has effectively been canonized: When Diana Krall made her own bossa nova album in 2009, she named it Quiet Nights, enlisting Ogerman as arranger (who won a Grammy for his efforts).

In its original iteration, Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim broke into the Top 20 and spent 28 consecutive weeks on the Billboard album chart. According to Michael Bourne, the host of Singers Unlimited on WBGO, it marked another layer of validation for bossa nova in the American pop mainstream. “Even after the album Getz/Gilberto won a Grammy as album of the year,” said Bourne, “the Sinatra/Jobim album was a musical apotheosis, a blessing of Jobim’s songs from America’s musical Pope.”

There was, however, one distinction that eluded the album. Sinatra had won album of the year at the previous two Grammy Awards — for September of My Years (1965) and A Man and His Music (1966) — but he wasn’t destined for a threepeat. While Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim was nominated, and perhaps even the frontrunner, the top honor went to another album that has stood the test of time: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Source: YouTube

Posted by: Nancy | Apr 8, 2017 8:39 PM | plus-minusComments(0)

Enter comment for 'Revisiting a Masterpiece: 'Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim''

You must be logged in to the Sinatra Family Forum to post a comment.