His Way, Our Way On Itunes

Apple iTunes

Frank Sinatra's music and life completely changed the face of popular music. Hordes of screaming teenagers, a bad-boy image, critically acclaimed artistry, scandals, the complete and utter respect of untold musicians -- Sinatra had all of this and more in his lifetime. An unparalleled interpreter of songs and a performer with grace and humility -- Sinatra famously did everything "his way."

iTunes is paying tribute to the great man by working with a selection of performers to record new, exclusive versions of the songs Sinatra made famous. These aren't your standard covers -- these are re-imaginings from artists such as Maroon 5, the Kooks, A Fine Frenzy, the Morning Benders, and the Kills. This is a collection of tracks you aren't going to find anywhere else. These are Sinatra covers -- done our way.

EXCLUSIVE! - Hear the first airing of a song and an interview with the band, Maroon 5, on Sirius/XM this Friday, July 10th, on Third Generation with AJ Lambert at 10pm ET.

Maroon 5, John Rich Do Sinatra Songs 'Our Way' For iTunes

David J. Prince, N.Y.
When Apple rang up Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine to see if he and his band would be interested in recording a classic Frank Sinatra tune, the singer jumped at the chance.

"He's definitely one of my all-time favorites," Levine told Billboard.com recently. "He's one of those guys that's just kind of larger-than-life. I always was a huge fan, ever since I was probably about 15 years old."

The resulting M5 version of "The Way You Look Tonight" is one of 13 Sinatra songs that Apple commissioned for "His Way, Our Way," an exclusive collection of covers and originals that goes on sale today (July 7) at the iTunes Music Store. Other artists who have their way with Ol' Blue Eyes favorites include the Kooks, John Rich, Seether, the Morning Benders and the Kills. An iTunes "His Way, Our Way" page has been created which features the covers and originals side by side.

The collection, which iTunes created with the support of Frank Sinatra Enterprises, aims to introduce a newer, younger audience to the Sinatra songbook while introducing longtime Frank-o-philes to new artists.

Levine and M5 keyboardist Jessie Carmichael worked with producer David Campbell on the arrangement, and the cover was even recorded in Capitol Studios, a one-time Sinatra's haunt. For Levine, there's more than a little Sinatra in his own singing style.

"I think Sinatra had such amazing taste," Levins said. "He never overdid it. He was always pretty understated in his singing which is interesting because he wasn't understated in his lifestyle. That juxtaposition is really kind of an interesting thing because he was very tasteful when it came to choosing certain melodies and almost didn't embellish at all actually. Kind of stuck to the plan, which I thought was very cool."

Levine and his bandmates are currently ensconced in a Swiss recording studio with producer Mutt Lange, in the beginning stages of the next Maroon 5 album. "I've got a lot of great material that I'm really excited about," he said. "I'm more excited about this record than I've been about anything."

His Way, Our Way page on iTunes

Download iTunes free

Posted by: Nancy | Jul 7, 2009 4:12 PM | plus-minusComments(3)

Enter comment for 'His Way, Our Way On Itunes'

You must be logged in to the Sinatra Family Forum to post a comment.

Responses to 'His Way, Our Way On Itunes'

Gregory says:
Jul 7, 2009 11:23 PM
I got am email from iTunes this morning about thi. I can't wait to hear it.

Stephanie says:
Jul 8, 2009 3:05 AM
Every one of these bands/singers did their own take. I like Seether but honestly, I didn't like the way they covered Under My Skin even more I didn't like how they covered Careless Whisper. Maroon 5 does a great job covering The Way You Look Tonight. I loved the way I'll Never Smile Again got covered by... uhm... I forget who it was. I'm interested in listening to the others.

piasono says:
Jul 20, 2009 6:16 PM
Perhaps I'm an ol' school piason, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. I appreciate their admiration for Mr. S, but I'll stick to the real deal.

Three Great Albums!

17. I've Got You Under My Skin
18. Someone To Watch Over Me
19. One For My Baby
20. Mack The Knife

Order Here

Read More Here

Posted by: Nancy | Jun 15, 2009 6:58 PM | plus-minusComments(1)

Enter comment for 'Three Great Albums!'

You must be logged in to the Sinatra Family Forum to post a comment.

Responses to 'Three Great Albums!'

Gerald says:
Jun 26, 2009 2:33 AM
I bought them. They are superb !

When Soldiers Come Home

When Soldiers come home they find it hard...

pic
...to listen to their son whine about being bored.

pic
...to keep a straight face when people complain about potholes.

pic
...to be tolerant of people who complain about the hassle of getting ready for work.

pic
...to be understanding when a co-worker complains about a bad night's sleep.

pic
...to be silent when people pray to God for a new car.

pic
...to control their panic when their spouse tells them to drive slower.

pic
...to be compassionate when someone expresses a fear of flying.

pic
...to keep from laughing when anxious parents say they're afraid to send their kids off to summer camp.

pic
...to keep from ridiculing someone who complains about hot weather.

pic
...to control their frustration when a colleague gripes about their coffee being cold.

pic
...to remain calm when their daughter complains about having to walk the dog.

pic
...to be civil to people who complain about their jobs.

pic
...to just walk away when someone says they only get two weeks of vacation a year.

pic
...to be forgiving when someone says how hard it is to have a new baby in the house.

The only thing harder than being a Soldier...

...is loving one.

pic

Posted by: Nancy | Jun 7, 2009 3:11 PM | plus-minusComments(16)

Enter comment for 'When Soldiers Come Home'

You must be logged in to the Sinatra Family Forum to post a comment.

Responses to 'When Soldiers Come Home'

Ed Potts says:
Jun 7, 2009 11:04 PM
They have 100% of our support,love,& admiration.God Bless,them all!

Gregory says:
Jun 7, 2009 11:27 PM
Ed said it all. God Bless them all.

paul masi says:
Jun 7, 2009 11:52 PM
Pictures are truly worth a thousand words and more, one photo or 10 tell the story of sacrifice, honor and caring about each other in the war zone no matter where at any time or date on the calender. To all of our soldiers, Marines, Air Men and women and Navy personnel on station in harms wasy we pray for you each nite. From one of the few the proud and a Vietnam Veteran and Marine. god bless

marydaly says:
Jun 8, 2009 12:48 AM
It never ceases to move me to tears to know that these soldiers are risking all they hold dear (future, family, and life) for us. There is no thanks great enough to tell them what they mean for us.

Gerald says:
Jun 8, 2009 2:14 AM
Beautiful. It was hard to hold the tears.

Fred F says:
Jun 8, 2009 12:15 PM
Maybe they can take solace in the fact that if it weren't for their gallant efforts and sacrifices, none of us would be around to complain about potholes and cold coffee.

Sarah says:
Jun 8, 2009 12:36 PM
Each and everyone of those pictures reenforced the message on the opening page to the Forum--"Freedom is not Free". I will keep all of these brave men and women in my prayers. They all deserve our heartfelt THANKS.

angel0528 says:
Jun 8, 2009 12:57 PM
God Bless all our soldiers who truly are our best and brightest and their families They constantly sacrifice so much more the rest of us!!!!!

Angel

June says:
Jun 8, 2009 2:33 PM
God Bless them all.....Junie

Lourdes says:
Jun 8, 2009 6:05 PM
God Bless them!

brooklynbabe says:
Jun 8, 2009 6:33 PM
So very sad to think of all the tragedy that has been suffered and is still being suffered by so many thousands of our young people and their families. Support our troops. Bring them home.

Carolinagirl says:
Jun 9, 2009 10:23 PM
Thank you for posting thie reminder of what our lives are like compared to theirs.

ItalySavona says:
Jun 10, 2009 7:13 AM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH UNDEED TO NANCY, FOR POSTING THIS PICTURE, TO REMEMBER US THE TRAGEDY OF WAR.
FULVIO -FROM ITALY

Dan Bohin says:
Jul 6, 2009 12:00 AM
Let's also remember, some of them DON'T come home...

mymatefrancis says:
Nov 16, 2009 6:54 AM
Like the man said....in the wee small hours of the morning....we shall remember them. Please bring them home safe. I've got a few ex-high school Rugby players over there and I just want to see them play once more, but over here. Lovely song,Nancy. You done it good,girl !!

jimsully says:
Nov 21, 2009 3:12 AM
I think this new item is the most moving thing i have seen in many many years. the pictures here show that our lives pale in comparsion to the brave men and women who serve in our armed forces.
our little problems cannot compare to the brave soldiers and their daily life in the service
Is it permissable to forward this to my friends who do not belong to the sinatra family forum
how is the best way to go about this